- 1 1/2 #'s ground beef
- 2 lg eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup cracker crumbs(1 sleeve) or oats
- 1 tsp each Salt and basil
- 1/2 tsp each pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder
- 1Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 cup ketchup or bbq sauce
- 1tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- 1tsp dry ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350
- mix all ingredients in a bowl and pat into a foil lined loaf pan(foil really helps with easy clean up)
- bake for 1 hour
- combine sauce ingredients and pour over cooked meat loaf and bake 10 more mins.
- slice into 6 slices and serve with a side or two of veggies.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 hour + 10mins
Note* my favorite way to make veggies with this is to split a stick of butter between 2 9x13 pans and let it melt in the hot oven while I chop up carrots and potatoes into small fries put them each in their own pan of hot butter, stir to coat them and allow them to cook 45-50 mins in the oven with the meat loaf.