- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2#'s Ground Beef
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 Lg Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Lg Carrots, peeled and grated
- 4 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 32oz (4 Cups) Chicken Stock
- 28oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 # Egg noodles
- Ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- parmesean cheese
- fresh basil, finely chopped
- In a soup pot/dutch oven, heat oil over med-high heat. add beef and brown for 3-4 mins. Add spices and veggies and cook 7 more mins.
- Stir in 2 cups water, chicken stock, and tomatoes, cover and bring to a boil.
- add noodles and cook until al dente, about 7 mins. stiring often (this has a tendency to burn on the bottom if you don't stir.)
- Serve in bowls with a dallop of ricotta or cottage cheese, sprinkling of parmesean and some basil.
Prep Time: 20mins