- 2Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 C Tri-color peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2#'s Ground Beef
- 2tsp Chili powder, 1 tsp Cumin, 1 tsp Sea Salt, 1/2tsp pepper
- 1 (16oz) can refried beans
- 1 (15oz) can kidney or black beans
- 1 C flour
- 3/4 C cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 C milk
- 1/4 C Melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400, In an oven safe skillet heat oil and cook garlic, onions and peppers for about 5 minutes.
- add ground beef and spices and cook till browned. add beans and stir to combine.
- In a bowl mix together the dry topping ingredients and then using a seperate bowl combine the wet ones, add all together and stir till smooth.
- Pour the topping over the meat mixture and bake for 30 minutes in the hot oven.
- Enjoy alone or with your favorite side salad.
Prep time: 20mins