Italian Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 med onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (28oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3 tsp basil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 #'s ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 C milk
- 1 1/2 C breadcrumbs or rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tsp Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 C grated parmesean cheese.
- Sauce: In a large pot saute onions and garlic in olive oil. add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Meatballs: In a large bowl combine all ingredients using your hands to work it together really well.
- form meatballs into 2" balls using a cookie scoop or your hands.
- carefully drop meatballs into simmering sauce, cover and simmer for 2-3 hours, stiring occasionally.
- Enjoy over hot spaghetti noodles or on a sub roll, topped with a little grated parmesean cheese.
Prep Time : 20mins
Cook Time: about 3 hours